Live Blog-November 7, 2019
Write Page Titles and Meta Descriptions
- Page titles should be longer than 30 characters
- Page titles should be shorter than 60 characters
- Meta Descriptions should be longer than 70 characters
- Meta descriptions should be shorter than 130 characters
- Make each titles and descriptions unique
- Titles and descriptions should summarize pages accurately
- They should include your unique selling points
- They should include "trigger" words
- They should be written for humans, not robots
- Metadata- data that is written into the code of your website. Its basically extra information about your website.
- The two most important Metadata are: Page Titles and Meta Descriptions
- Make your page title something that catches peoples eye and makes them want to visit your website.
- Also include Brand Name in the page title.
- You want to have a nicely laid our meta descriptions so more people click on your site so it makes it go to the top of the google results.
- Page Titles should be 55-70 characters but 60 is recommended.
- Meta descriptions should be between 120-150 characters.
- OG titles are Open Graph titles that is what shows up if your page shows up in Social Media.
Graphic Design and Studio Art | Morton Illustration
Graphic Design and Studio Art major. Click here to view works and to get in contact with Alec Morton.