Everything Science Knows About Reading

Everything Science Knows About Reading is an article that lets us see how scientists are looking at the way we read. The world of screens is rapidly changing the way we read because now we’re doing most of our reading online or on ebooks. This is causing scientists to look at if this is helping or hurting our understanding of the context. Some scientists believe that it is directly hurting us because even though more people are reading now they are also skimming the subject matter. This is effecting the way we interpret the information we are reading.
I don’t really agree with this article because I do a lot of skimming when I read and I get the main ideas of the text and can answer questions correctly about what I have read. I do agree though that this might be hurting others because they might not know how to point out the key points or even the main idea of the subjects.
If you want to check out the article for yourself, here's the link: https://www.fastcompany.com/3048297/everything-science-knows-about-reading-on-screens

Comments

Popular Posts